Friday, July 6, 2007

I LOVE easy days!!!

The kids let me sleep in!!! Cereal for breakfast (our morning staple:), coffee for me, took everyone out to the pool while I read the paper and had my coffee watching them. How great is that??? Afternoon, the kids had quiet time with a movie on the couches, I had my reading time just for me, then more pool time!! I LOVE uneventful days!



On Tues., my wonderful husband and teenager, drove all the way to Chicago to pick up our new camper, (well used, but new to us). I have missed camping this past spring, and can't wait to go in the Fall, and to "SONSHINE" next week! Our last camper had three bunks in the back and our bed up front. Our new camper has four bunks in their own room. All five kids can fit now, even adding another little one can fit. It's just perfect for us!



I am anxiously waiting for the mail everyday now!!! I can't wait to get an approval so we can move onto the step of waiting for a child referral. The name of the adoption game is WAIT...wait...wait...then wait some more, until finally the time to pick up your child is here!! I realize we have a long way to go, but it is nice to be at this point. Today I was just imagining holding my little boy on my chest...mmmmm so sweet! I am looking forward to the day I can put a face and name to him.



Yesterday was a tough day with my daughter. If she doesn't have sufficient sleep (13 hours), her behavior can end up being very frustrating to me. At the end of the day, I was emotionally spent. But, God was there to remind me, how many times I can annoy Him with my behaviors! I can ask for that forgiveness He graciously gives, and it's gone! I ended up having a heart talk with my daughter, trying to repeat myself A LOT (the only way she can re-call things), giving hugs and telling her "thank you for making me a better mom." "God gave me you to make me better." I truly believe that!

God Bless!

No comments: