Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy 4th!!

Not much to report...just another week in the Hoffman house!

Last night we went to St. Paul for the fireworks show. It was great! Unfortunately, the family that was right by us, seemed to have very few parenting skills. Their kids were screaming, having tantrums, all while they are telling them to "shut up," belittling them, making empty threats, swearing at them. I really wanted to say something, but I was a little afraid of getting smacked...
It did make me appreciate my kids' behavior. They were sooooo good, even though we had to wait for an hour and a half for the show to start. Five of us ended up cuddling on the blanket while waiting. I just soaked up the beautiful sight!!

Sunday sermon really hit home with me. I struggle daily with giving everything up to God. It's my human flesh trying to be my own God. I struggle with all the blessings we have around us, taking advantage of all the riches. Our family is so blessed to be where we are...a Free country, a home, family, food, clothes, and all the bonus stuff...cars, boat, able to stay at home with my kids, etc. Last night as I was watching the fireworks, my heart was saying, "well there goes money exploding in the air that could have fed a whole orphanage for a few years!" Adopting has certainly opened our eyes to another side of the world that so many can't even comprehend. I have looked into a child's eyes that has been abandoned, starved, sickly. My whole being just wants to save them!!!! I don't want to be a person that can walk by a need, and hope that others will notice. I WANT TO BE MORE LIKE JESUS! I don't want to miss opportunities. We have so many blessing around us, I just want to share them. This is one reason we are choosing to adopt again. Yes, we have struggled with issues that have come up. But who doesn't struggle?? We have come through so many hard times...but miracles have happened...a saved marriage, a child's healing, a heart change, etc. God can do anything! I believe there is a miracle just waiting to happen. Please join me in prayer for a child's miracle. I can't share the specifics, but would appreciate prayer so very much!

Next week we are going to a three day Christian camping festival, Sonshine Festival! It is so awesome to watch our favorite music artists...Newsboys, Casting Crowns, Toby Mac, etc., in this type of concert fest. Worshipping in the beautiful outdoors! It's an amazing experience. The kids are so excited, but Andrew will be going on a vacation with a friend this year, so we will miss him.

I must go...taking four kids to the store for some necessary supplies for the 4th!!

Everyone have a blessed 4th of July!!!!
Thank you God for this wonderful Country of ours!!!

Christina

No comments: