Tuesday, August 28, 2007

If God guides, God provides...

I just read that from my adoption group and had to use it as my title for the day!
I have to remind myself that NOTHING is impossible when God is our guide. Some days I look ahead at how much we have to do, our adoption, coming up with travel funds, finding a hobby farm, being "nudged" by God to try homeschooling again, UGH! It can be overwhelming! All I need to do is just look back at how much God has already provided and proven how faithful and awesome He is!
Pursuing a material world, gathering up riches and pocessions,are FOR WHAT? I have finally gotten to the point where I "get" where God has been leading me. My husband, my children, my family and friends, are my riches that God has provided. Having our worldly pocessions are only temporary, and I can't take them to heaven!! I don't need to prove myself to the world. I want to live my life where God leads it. God has given me a heart for orphans. I still am following His lead and what He wants me to do with this. Right now, it's adoption. In the future, maybe it's working for an agency, or orphanage missions, or something else. He has also recently revealed to me, not only a heart for the orphan, but a heart for the orphan with physical deformities. Our Blessing, Josiah, I don't consider having a deformity. God changed my perspective so amazingly. Now, the world may see his deformed hand, but I see a gorgeous baby boy, that needs us, and, he has a cute little hand that has amazing potential!
I can't wait to scoop up my baby boy, touch him, smell his sweet smell, look in those beautiful eyes, and know that God chose him for us! How amazing!

There is a group of moms (and dads) in Liberia right now. Some are picking up their kids, and some are doing work for the orphanage. It is so comforting to know that they will be loving on our little Blessing. We were also told how the nannies sing to the babies at bedtime. How sweet is that????? As hard as it is to wait, I have full confidence that Acres of Hope is providing the most loving and highest quality care for all our little ones. I am so confident with Acres of Hope, and so glad that God led us to them.

Love,
Christina

2 comments:

~tmc~ said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hi:) We're also adopting from AOH.

Your children are adorable!
Traci

S and K said...

What a great blog! Thanks for the great reminders!

Katy

http://growingmacohana.blogspot.com